As a blogger, I get it!! Running a successful blog involves more than churning out great content. There are administrative tasks you must tackle for your blog, so that you can continuously churn out great content for your targeted audience. Believe me, handing the administrative tasks of a blog is a full-time job in itself. Click To Tweet
So today I’m going to tell you what tasks you can and SHOULD outsource to a virtual assistant so that you can ensure the success of your blog.
Five Tasks to Outsource for Your Blog
- Email Campaigns/Marketing: You can have your dedicated VA create and manage all of your email campaigns. They’ll ensure that your email campaigns are sent out regularly and that your list of email subscribers remains up-to-date.
- Social Media Marketing: There are some VAs who specialize solely in Social Media Management. Usually for a flat rate fee per month, they’ll manage X amount of your Social Media accounts. When hiring a VA to manage your Social Media accounts be certain to find out if the management of the accounts also includes the creation of the content. Be prepared to pay a little more if your chosen VA will also create the content that is share on your brand’s behalf. Be sure to inquire about how the sharing of the content will be handled to ensure that no mishaps in postings ever occur.
- Clerical Tasks: You can hire a VA to perform all of your clerical tasks such as creating PowerPoint presentations, doing data entry, managing and organizing content in your Dropbox, and the creation and management of spreadsheet files, if needed.
- Blog Content/Management: Let’s not forget that blogs survive on great content, so if you’re writing skills are a bit shaky don’t hesitate to hire a VA either part-time or full-time to write the content for your blog. Additionally, a VA can manage the promotion of your blog posts to help drive traffic to your blog.
- Graphic Design: Yes you can hire a VA simply to create all of your graphic design needs. This includes designing a logo for your business, brochures, banners, headers, infographics, and more.
The Cost Factor
The tasks listed above are just a few of the more common tasks that you can outsource to a Virtual Assistant. Keep in mind that these services can vary in price. On the low end you can expect to pay anywhere from $300-$500 a month. Some VA services charge as much as $5K a month.
Before deciding to go with a VA decide which tasks you struggle with completing the most. Click To Tweet Use the services you struggle with as your starting point for hiring a VA. Once hired if you like the service provided by your VA then you can talk about adding additional services down the line.
Hiring a VA
Thanks to Facebook Groups and Social Media platforms finding a VA is not a difficult task. You can join groups or communities related to your industry and ask members for recommendation. Create your own want ad and post it on all of your social media platforms as well.