Let me tell y’all. This has been one busy week. I’ve been juggling three different businesses and a flu-like bug that just doesn’t seem to want to go away. Add to this the fact that I’m a solopreneur and I’m sure you can imagine the mayhem I’ve been experiencing. So, with all that’s been happening, it got me to thinking about the whole idea of outsourcing tasks for my business.
Running a successful business involves more than churning out great products or offering a needed service. You have administrative tasks you must tackle to get your great products in the hands of your targeted audience. Believe me! That in itself is a full-time job.
So today I’m going to tell you what tasks you can and SHOULD outsource to a virtual assistant so that you can spend your time focusing on those great products and services that you offer your customers.
- Email Campaigns/Marketing: You can have your dedicated VA create and manage all of your email campaigns. They’ll ensure that your email campaigns are sent out regularly and that your list of email subscribers remains up-to-date.
- Social Media Marketing: There are some VAs who specialize solely in Social Media Management. Usually for a flat rate fee per month, they’ll manage X amount of your Social Media accounts. When hiring a VA to manage your Social Media accounts be certain to find out if the management of the accounts also includes the creation of the content. Be prepared to pay a little more if your chosen VA will also create the content that is share on your brand’s behalf. Be sure to inquire about how the sharing of the content will be handled to ensure that no mishaps in postings ever occur.
- Clerical Tasks: You can hire a VA to perform all of your clerical tasks such as creating PowerPoint presentations, doing data entry, managing and organizing content in your Dropbox, and the creation and management of spreadsheet files, if needed.
- Blog Content/Management: Let’s not forget that blogs survive on great content, so if you’re writing skills are a bit shaky don’t hesitate to hire a VA either part-time or full-time to write the content for your blog. Additionally, a VA can manage the promotion of your blog posts to help drive traffic to your blog.
- Graphic Design: Yes you can hire a VA simply to create all of your graphic design needs. This includes designing a logo for your business, brochures, banners, headers, infographics, and more.